Apex-Gamma Lab Productivity Suite
- Comprehensive operation and management software for the production-oriented gamma spectroscopy sample-counting lab
- Designed for labs with large numbers of routine gamma samples
- Distributed multi-user functionality provides access and control of the system from any client workstation
- Sample database tracks samples through log-in, counting and data review processes
- Flexible calibration facilities including scheduling, confirmation report and cross-check reports
- Quality assurance facilities including scheduling, failure response and intra-lab comparison reporting
- Data review and reanalysis facilities for routine and non-routine evaluation of assay results
- Comprehensive event logging records every event on the system – with flexible recall
- Comprehensive security system controls access to system functions
- Genie™ 2000 spectroscopy software provides world class analysis facilities
- Support for Oracle® and SQL Server® database facilities
The Apex-Gamma Lab Productivity Suite breaks the old models of gamma spec operation and offers a whole new level of functionality to improve productivity in lab operations. No longer is the gamma spec counting system a functionally isolated instrument – offering only basic counting, calibration and quality assurance capabilities. Apex-Gamma integrates the gamma counting system with the complete operation of the laboratory – replacing what are typically manual and off-line processes with built-in, tightly integrated seamless functionality (Figure 1).
With Apex-Gamma, the complete status of a multi-detector system is available at a glance. Click – and find all the samples waiting to be counted. Log samples into the system from the location where the information is known – in the sample preparation area. Let Apex-Gamma enforce your calibration/QA schedules and monitor QA results – and automatically take the appropriate action if something goes wrong. Use Apex-Gamma to perform data review – verifying and correcting results as needed – even years after the initial count. Rely on Apex-Gamma's security system and event logs to control access to the system and construct detailed reports of all system activities.
The key to Apex-Gamma lab productivity lies in the extensive database built directly into the software. As samples are logged into the system, a sample database record is created which stays in the system as the sample moves through various stages of processing – counting, first and second data review, recounting, final results delivery and follow-up inquiry. Built on modern relational database technology, Apex-Gamma gives you a complete view of what is going on in your lab. How many samples await processing? Apex-Gamma knows. Which samples await data review? Ask Apex-Gamma. Which samples were counted on Detector 3, 20 mL water geometry, cooling water library in the last 20 days? It's an easy question for Apex-Gamma.
Apex-Gamma is designed on a multi-user, client server model. Networked workstations allow you to operate from anywhere in the system. A typical system may have several workstations located within the lab counting area, one or more in sample receiving areas for sample log-in and additional workstations in supervisor or analyst's office for data review. This flexibility gives you optimum information access and system control – the capability you need exactly when and where you need it.
Apex-Gamma even lets you operate multiple facilities from a single system – providing common resources to operate separate gamma counting operations. Hot lab/cold lab? Separate Health Physics/Radiochemistry/Training areas? HPGe and NaI detectors coexisting in one operation? All these variants can be controlled from one distributed Apex-Gamma system – separately partitioned for easy management and security access. (Figure 2).
- Alpha Spectroscopy
- Gamma Spectroscopy System (integrated)
- Digital Signal Processing
- Signal Processing (NIM)
- Spectroscopy and Countroom Software
- Alpha/Beta Counters
- Cabinets and Accessories