Sirius-5™ - Hand, Cuff and Foot Surface Contamination Monitor
CANBERRA's Sirius-5 provides thorough and reliable detection of external contamination on the hands and feet of personnel working in nuclear environments. Depending on your monitoring needs, Sirius monitors are designed to use either plastic scintillator (TPS) gasless detectors or patented* gas flow proportional detectors (LFP-579).
With CANBERRA WebRemote™ software, an easy-to-use touch screen graphical user interface for industrial PC-based operation results in improved health physics programs, better tracking of contamination and faster, more thorough personnel throughput at boundary points.
Excellent detector protection, modularity of components, and extensive diagnostics result in direct reductions in maintenance, repair, and operation costs.
Sirius monitors use a sophisticated "fast following" background trending and release-limit algorithm to provide the best performance in a stable or varying radiation field.
Sirius-5 monitors provide the optimum balance between cost and coverage, monitoring the palms, backs of the hands, cuffs and feet in a single step, with a very close counting geometry for the best sensitivity. The detectors are vertically oriented to minimize the possibility of detector contamination.
The Sirius-5 is available with either six gas flow proportional detectors optimized for alpha and beta detection or six gasless thin plastic scintillator detectors optimized for beta, alpha/beta or beta/gamma capability. Gasless and gas flow proportional detectors are identical in form factor. As a result, changing between gasless and gas flow proportional operations on the monitor is as simple as changing between TPS and LFP-579 style detectors and pre-amplifiers. Additionally, both detector styles are interchangeable between Sirius-5 hand, cuff and foot monitors and CANBERRA's Argos-3/-5 whole body monitors, minimizing management of spares and reducing maintenance costs for facilities where both hand, cuff and foot and whole body monitors are required.
* Patent US 7,470,913 B1 High Efficiency and High Homogeneity Large-Area Gas-Filled Detectors
- Rugged and reliable for high traffic areas
- Optimized counting geometry to measure both sides of the hands/cuffs and bottom of feet in one step operation
- Easy access for maintenance from the top, front and sides. No access to the rear of the unit is required
- All positioning sensors are solid state devices for increased reliability
- Superior detector protection, modularity, and diagnostics result in direct reductions in maintenance, repair and operation costs
- WebRemote enabled: ergonomic and easy-to-use touch screen graphical user interface; accessible locally or via PC/tablet web browser
- Windows® 7 Embedded operating system with LAN capability and USB ports
- Same "industry-best" software and serial bus electronics across CANBERRA Argos™-3/-5, GEM™-5 and Cronos® -1/-4/-11 monitor families; no re-training needed
- Compliant with IEC61098 Standard requirements
- Algorithm based on Gaussian or Bayesian statistics (compliant with the ISO 11929:2010 Standard requirements)