Products in this category
MCB2 - Alpha/Beta/Gamma Contamination Meter
MCB2 is a stand-alone meter designed for detecting, locating and quantifying radioactive alpha, beta, gamma and X-ray contaminations.
MCB2 consists of an ergonomic small size and lightweight ABS housing that has a gun-style shape with a pancake detector at the front. This design guarantees hours of use without feeling any pain or wrist injury and helps to correctly point the area to meter without any major risk of contamination on user's hands.
MCB2 fits comfortably in either the right or left hand and a wrist strap secures it from any accidental drop. MCB2 is delivered with a metallic cover that protects the entrance grid and the thin detector window. This cover is thick enough to discriminate alpha/beta from gamma particles. Indeed, when the cover is in place, MCB2 will not measure any alpha or beta, only gamma.
A compartment that is accessible via a trap door accepts two off-the-shelf AA-LR6 alkaline batteries for 130 hours of operation. A battery sign is displayed when the battery life is too low.
A specific count-rate algorithm ensures a fast response time to low contamination with a variable averaging time.
MCB2 is driven by two buttons: power and backlight which makes it very easy-to-use and always available even for non-specialized users. A five second pressure on the backlight button will mute the audio for silent applications.
MCB2 can be delivered with a display in Bq equivalent (isotope to be defined), in c/s or in CPM.
- Detection, localization and quantification of radioactive alpha, beta, gamma or X-ray contamination
- Very easy-to-use, lightweight and stand-alone
- Geiger Mueller detector with a 15 cm2 and 2.0 mg/cm2 end window
- Audible chirper that is proportional to contamination level
- Audio mute function for silent applications
- LCD display with backlight
- Three models available: c/s, Bqeq or CPM
- Compliant with IEC 60325:2002-06
CABV 31 -Alpha and Beta Contamination Monitors for Clothes and Floors
The CABV 31 allows for a fast and accurate monitoring of personnel clothes and objects at controlled area boundary. The CABV 31 is generally installed at a stationary location.
The instrument is composed of three sub-units:
- A case including measurement electronics, two alpha and beta both digital and graphic displays, good operation indicator lights and visual and audible contamination alarms.
- A disconnectable keyboard including a LCD display for entering parameters and controlling the system; the user-friendly dedicated software makes these operations very easy.
- A measurement probe equipped with a 200 cm2 gas flow proportional detector fitted with a 0.8 mg/cm2 Mylar window.
- Simultaneous control of alpha contamination and beta contamination with automatic background subtraction
- Large 200 cm2 detection area gas flow probe
- Rugged entrance double grid
- Visual and audible alarms
- Separate displays of alpha and beta counting rates
SBM-2D - Soft Beta Dual Detector Probe
The SBM-2D probe is intended for frisking of beta contamination of surfaces and clothes.
It consists of two thin-window Geiger Mueller detectors, a high-voltage power supply and pulse shaping circuits.
It can be connected to the MIP 21A, CAB, MIP 10A and ECM 21 with an appropriate cable. It is also compatible with the new MIP 10 Digital.
- Beta contamination control of surfaces and clothes
- Dual Geiger Mueller detectors with a 1.5 mg/cm2 thin mica window and 44 mm diameter
- 2 x 15 cm2 area
- Efficiency over 2Π:
- in 14C: 12%
- in 90Sr: 40%
Babyline 81 - Portable Gamma and X-ray Doserate Meter/Dosimeter
The BABYLINE 81 is a linear response doserate meter/dosimeter for measuring the dose rate and the absorbed dose in human tissues (under 0.007 g/cm2 or 0.3 g/cm2) for an irradiation by incident or scattered photons in the 8 keV to 10 MeV energy range and, occasionally, by electrons.
The unit comes in a case containing the high-gain-current amplifier and the processing electronic circuits. The unit is provided with a handle that holds the rechargeable or non-rechargeable batteries; the ionization chamber and its 0.3 g/cm2 removable cap are fixed on this case.
Several switches are provided to start the unit, to check the zero adjustment of the galvanometer and to select the measurement range (six dose rate ranges and five integrated dose ranges).
The large-sized needle indicator allows an easy reading of the absorbed dose rate. The presentation of the unit as a pistol facilitates its use.
The BABYLINE 81 has become the reference doserate meter in laboratories and nuclear facilities all over the world.
- Measurement of the absorbed dose rate in six ranges: from 10 µGy/h to 1000 mGy/h and of the absorbed dose in five ranges: from 10 µGy to 100 mGy
- 515 cm3 air ionization chamber with 7 mg/cm2 tissue equivalent wall and 300 mg/cm2 removable cap
- Uniform response from 8 keV to 2 MeV
- Produced under CEA (French Atomic Energy Commission) licence
- CTHIR 005 qualification