Combination Actinide (Uranium/Plutonium) Lung Counter and Scanning Fission Product Counter Model 2275
The Model 2275 is a lung and whole body counting system. For more than 20 years CANBERRA has designed and fabricated the systems and components to meet the challenges associated with actinide lung counting and general whole body counting. CANBERRA is constantly surveying technological advances that improve system ergonomics and detection capability. The 2275 Lung and Whole Body Counter is one of the company's two resulting standard lung counting systems.
The Model 2275 Lung Counter provides accurate and reliable measurements of uranium, plutonium and americium in the lungs. The 2275's scanning whole body counter provides fast, accurate measurements of fission and activation products in the body.
The standard 2275 system is sold as a turnkey system and includes all of the hardware (except the low background shield), software and service needed to produce a system that is ready for immediate use when installation is completed. The basic 2275 Lung and Whole Body Counter requires a 4π background shield with shielding equivalent to a minimum of 10 cm of low background steel. The customer may supply the shield or may select either a 10 or 15 cm thick low background steel shield option for the 2275 Lung Counter. The system proposal will include factory integration and either factory or on-site calibration services, as well as, on-site installation and training services.
The standard system design includes a lung counting detector positioning mechanism, a subject bed and a scanning whole body counting mechanism. The lung counting detector positioning mechanisms features six degrees of positioning freedom to allow accurate placement of the detectors over the lungs for improved detection limits. If the customer elects to supply the shield or shielded room for the system, then the calibration will be provided at the customer's site after installation in the shield.
The lung counting detector positioning mechanism accommodates two CANBERRA ACT-II cryostat assemblies. Each ACT-II cryostat assembly can be configured with two broad or low energy detector crystals of 2000 mm², 2800 mm² or 3800 mm² surface areas. CANBERRA will work with the user during the proposal process to recommend the optimal crystal size and type based on the customer's detection requirements and budget. Please refer to CANBERRA's low and broad energy germanium detector specification sheets for additional detailed information on detector performance and design.
The 2275's scanning mechanism is designed to accommodate a 7.6 x 12.7 x 40.6 cm (3 x 5 x 16 in.) sodium iodide detector for whole body counting. Both the scanning mechanism and the sodium iodide detector are included in the standard system. The whole body scanning detector is located under the subject or patient bed. The Apex-InVivo software included with this system will allow the system to be configured to perform both the lung and whole body counts simultaneously or independently.>
CANBERRA offers both a standard 10 and a 15 cm thick, low background steel shield as an option for the 2275 Lung and Whole Body Counting System. These shields come with overlapping double entry/exit doors, internal lighting, an oxygen sensor, and a subject panic button, as well as shield penetrations for detector cables, liquid nitrogen fill lines, music system cables and closed circuit video cables.
CANBERRA also offers an optional set of detector anti-Compton shields, an automatic liquid nitrogen filling system, a music system and a closed circuit television system for use with the 2275 Lung and Whole Body Counting System. CANBERRA highly recommends the use of the anti-Compton shields around the germanium detectors. These lead shields reduce spectral background due to bremsstrahlung interactions from the naturally occurring 40K within the subject. These background reductions can be used to improve detection capabilities and reduce count times.
The 2275 is designed to make routine radiation protection monitoring for actinides in the lungs and fission and activation products in the body fast, reliable and accurate. The system does however allow the user to make various non-standard measurements using the 2275's germanium detector positioning mechanism. The positioning mechanism's six degrees of freedom allow the user to position the high resolution germanium detectors over individual organs other than the lungs, e.g. liver or thyroid. This allows the germanium arrays to be used for detailed analysis of radioactivity found during scanning body counts or for research projects.
- Lung detector positioner mechanism with six degrees of freedom
- Lung positioner accommodates up to four detector crystals in two CANBERRA ACT-II cryostat packages
- Sliding bed for easy subject/patient loading
- 7.6 x 12.7 x 40.6 cm (3 x 5 x 16 in.) scanning sodium iodide detector for whole body counting
- Apex-InVivo software for system analysis and control
- Lung Counting option for automatic chest wall thickness correction
- Turnkey system delivered calibrated and ready to count
- Detector Anti-Compton shields to reduce subject generated background
- Automatic Liquid Nitrogen fill system
- 15 cm (6 in.) or 10 cm (4 in.) thick low background steel shield
- Select 2000, 2800, or 3800 mm2 area low or broad energy detectors for high resolution lung counting
- Personnel and Object Contamination Monitors
- InVivo Systems & Software
- FASTSCAN High-Throughput Whole Body Counter Model 2250
- ACCUSCAN II Scanning Ge Whole Body Counter
- ACCUSCAN™ Horizontal Bed Whole Body Counter
- Actinide (Uranium/Plutonium) Lung Counter Model 2270
- Combination Actinide (Uranium/Plutonium) Lung Counter and Scanning Fission Product Counter Model 2275
- ACT-II Actinide Ge Detectors
- Apex-InVivo™ Whole Body and Lung Counting Productivity Software
- AutoScan Option Model 2252
- CANBERRA's Calibration Phantom For In Vivo Whole Body Counter
- Survey instruments, Probes & Accessories
- Hand held Spectroscopy