Gamma High Flux Probe
The STHF-R ultra high flux probe is designed for the measurements of very high gamma dose-equivalent rates up to 1000 Sv/h.
This probe is especially designed for ultra high flux measurement which can be found in pools in nuclear power plants or in recycling facilities. Effectively this probes box is stainless steel based and waterproof up to 80 m (164 ft) underwater. It can be laid underwater in the storage pools Borated water.
An optional ballast weight can be supplied to ease underwater measurements.
The STHF-R probe is composed of two matched units:
- The measurement probe including the silicon diode and the associated analog electronics.
- An interface case which houses the processing electronics that are more sensitive to radiation; this module can be remotely located up to 50 m (164 ft) from the measurement spot.
- An intermediate connection point with 50 m length cable to which the interface case can be connected.
STHF-R can be connected directly to Avior, Radiagem or MIP 10 Digital. The STHF-R receives power from the survey meter during operation.
STHF-R includes key components of hardware circuitry (high voltage power supply, amplifier, discriminator, etc.). Also, the intelligence associated with controlling those components is located in the probe - that is, settings, calibrations, and probe ID. Thus the probe is a fully integrated system talking and transmitting the measurement data to the instrument.
With high voltage and digitization of the data occurring in the probe rather than the instrument, measurement quality is no longer dependent on external device quality (cable, host instrument).
- Measurement of H*(10) ambient gamma dose equivalent rate up to 1000 Sv/h (100 000 R/h)
- To be connected to Radiagem™, MIP 10 Digital or Avior®
- Waterproof: 80 m (262.5 ft) water depth
- Detector: Silicon diode
- 5 kSv maximum integrated dose
- Compact portable design for detector and detector cable on reel