FASTSCAN High-Throughput Whole Body Counter Model 2250
The Fastscan whole body counter is designed to quickly and accurately monitor people for internal contamination of radionuclides with energies between 300 keV to 1.8 MeV. The FASTSCAN system uses large area sodium iodide detectors and CANBERRA's Apex-InVivo™ and Genie™ software to achieve low minimum detectable activities with count times as fast as one minute. It is intended for use in power plants and other facilities where the possible contamination spectra are well known and uncomplicated.
The system is as easy to use as today's digital cameras. The operator simply positions the person to be counted inside the shield and in front of the detectors, and then begins the count with the software. The software starts the count, completes the count, stores the data, displays the spectral data, performs the analysis and prints the report. The best part is that this system will be ready for operation as soon as the installation is completed.
CANBERRA's FASTSCAN System includes two large sodium iodide detectors (NaI(Tl)) 7.6 x 12.7 x 40.6 cm (3 x 5 x 16 in.) that typically provide a priori Lower Limit of Detection of approximately 150 Bq (4 nCi) for 60Co with a count time of one minute for a normal person containing 40K. The FASTSCAN's dual detector design provides uniform or flat (±15%) response along the longitudinal axis from the thyroid of the tallest 99th percentile male to the lower gastrointestinal tract of the shortest female.
The FASTSCAN uses a shadow shield to minimize spectral background interference. This type of shield provides an optimal trade-off between shield size, weight and cost with background reduction for environments with slightly elevated background. The shield is constructed of 10 cm (4 in.) thick low background steel (2 in. in a few less critical areas).
- Processes 30-50 people per hour
- One minute count time for typical operation
- Two very large 7.6 x 12.7 x 40.6 cm (3 x 5 x 16 in.) NaI(Tl) detectors
- Patented LED stabilized detectors ensure accurate results despite changes in room temperature
- 150 Bq (4 nCi) 60Co LLD with person in shield
- Vertical linear geometry for accuracy
- Shielded in all straight-line directions by 10 cm
(4 in.) of low background steel
- Modular shield construction for easy assembly
- Rapid on-site analysis and presentation of results
- Full spectroscopy; not just a screening counter
- Apex-InVivo family of software for flexibility and ease of operation
- Extensive QA data collection program
Fastscan can be equipped with the latest in scintillation detector technology - The Model NAIS-3x5x16 Stabilized NaI(Tl) Detector
CANBERRA’s model NAIS-3x5x16 Sodium Iodide Scintillation Detector is a high-efficiency scintillation detector featuring a 3x5x16 in. NaI(Tl) crystal in a stainless steel housing with a high-voltage power supply, stabilization electronics, PMT and preamplifier. The detector is LED temperature-stabilized to eliminate peak-shift problems caused by fluctuations in ambient temperature.
The NAIS-3x5x16 is suitable for use in non-air-conditioned rooms as well as in field applications. The in-built LED temperature stabilization continuously monitors and adjusts the gain of the detector automatically to ensure consistent performance throughout the entire temperature range. This allows users to perform nuclide identification under all conditions and environments, while maintaining the highest confidence in the results obtained by the instrument.
- Personnel and Object Contamination Monitors
- InVivo Systems & Software
- FASTSCAN High-Throughput Whole Body Counter Model 2250
- ACCUSCAN II Scanning Ge Whole Body Counter
- ACCUSCAN™ Horizontal Bed Whole Body Counter
- Actinide (Uranium/Plutonium) Lung Counter Model 2270
- Combination Actinide (Uranium/Plutonium) Lung Counter and Scanning Fission Product Counter Model 2275
- ACT-II Actinide Ge Detectors
- Apex-InVivo™ Whole Body and Lung Counting Productivity Software
- AutoScan Option Model 2252
- CANBERRA's Calibration Phantom For In Vivo Whole Body Counter
- Survey instruments, Probes & Accessories
- Hand held Spectroscopy