Argos™-AB Family of Gas Flow Whole Body Contamination Monitors
The CANBERRA Argos-AB family of Whole Body Surface Contamination Monitors provides the ultimate user-friendly operation, with thorough and reliable detection of external contamination on personnel working in nuclear environments.
The Argos-5AB and Argos-3AB feature our most advanced gas flow detectors optimized for the best possible alpha and beta response (along with minimizing the gamma response). The detectors have been arranged in a configuration that minimizes dead space and provides optimal contour geometry and coverage for the occupant.
All Argos monitors use a sophisticated "fast following" background trending and release-limit algorithm to provide the best possible performance in a stable or varying radiation field.
With CANBERRA WebRemote™ software, an easy-to-use touch screen graphical user interface for industrial PC-based operation, results in improved health physics programs, better tracking of contamination and faster, more thorough personnel throughput at boundary points.
Excellent detector protection, modularity of components, and extensive diagnostics result in direct reductions in maintenance, repair, and operations costs.
- Fast personnel throughput with exceptional coverage due to optimized counting geometry, shielding and patented* detector technology
- The Argos-5AB provides the ultimate (two-step) contoured body coverage
- The Argos-3AB provides contoured body coverage with strategic positioning of detectors in an economical configuration
- Simultaneous monitoring of both sides of the hand with moveable detector for enhanced beta and alpha sensitivity
- Space-saving design minimizes overall clearance requirements and allows for easy maintenance access from the front and side of the unit
- WebRemote enabled: provides an ergonomic and easy-to-use touch screen graphical user interface; accessible locally or via PC/tablet web browser
- Windows® 7 Embedded operating system with LAN capability and USB ports
- Same "industry-best" software and serial bus electronics across CANBERRA Argos™-TPS, Cronos®-1/4 /11, Sirius™-5 and GEM™-5 family; no re-training needed
- Compliant with IEC61098 Standard requirements
- Algorithm based on Gaussian or Bayesian statistics (compliant with the ISO 11929:2010 Standard requirements)
* Patent US 7,470,913 B1 High Efficiency and High Homogeneity Large-Area Gas-Filled Detectors