Nuclear facilities are required to analyze the radioactive material which they generate, quantifying the relative safety or operational impact.Our Records Management and Reporting Systems are tailored to the needs of Effluent Analysis and Health Physics applications.
Products in category
Effluent Management Software (OpenEMS)
OpenEMS is the effluents management system with the power and flexibility to meet your specific site needs today and into the future. OpenEMS uses the latest technology to seamlessly integrate with plant equipment and create a user friendly automated method for tracking radiological effluents from your site without expensive and hard to maintain custom software.
With OpenEMS, you effortlessly combine the results of radioisotopic analysis with release point monitors and perform all required RETS/ ODCM calculations from a single software package. As with all our software solutions, a flexible limit checking routine is included to ensure technical specification compliance at all times. Because we understand the flexibility required for meeting each sites' needs, the application can easily be customized through a familiar spreadsheet interface; stringent security prevents unauthorized modifications and ensures only approved changes are used. All of this is accomplished and tracked automatically without time consuming and error prone manual methods.
- Automated effluents records management application for ensuring regulatory compliance
- Easily generates gaseous and liquid release permits with the permit-processing wizard
- Automatically checks technical specifications online for worry free regulatory compliance
- Ties seamlessly to your CANBERRA countroom management systems and gets information without complex procedures
- Implements site-specific requirements without complex software modification
- Easily generates liquid and gaseous release permits
- Generates automated technical specifications, limit tracking and compliance
- Performs site specific dose projections based on real information without expensive software customization
- Handles composite sample management
- Incorporates distributed multi-user functionality providing access and control of the system from any client workstation
- Provides comprehensive security to control access to system
Health Physics Information System (HIS-20)
HIS-20 is a complete Health Physics Information System which is designed to document compliance with the latest USNRC, USDOE, and ICRP regulations and methodologies. HIS-20 integrates all of the functions needed to provide a comprehensive Health Physics program, including the following: Personnel Management, External Dosimetry, Internal Dosimetry, Access Control, Radiation Work Permits (RWP), Survey Data, Radiological Incident Reporting, and Inventory Management and Control.
HIS-20 is written using the UNIFACE 4GL, a platform-independent software language. HIS-20 can operate in a traditional client-server environment, via the web (using the Site's intranet) or using a file server for HIS-20 client software. Because of the flexibility in platform selection, HIS-20 can support future system modifications and upgrades.
- Comprehensive, automated health physics records management program
- Documents compliance with USNRC, USDOE and ICRP standards
- Site-specific adaptability
- Written in UNIFACE® 4GL which provides the following:
- Platform independence
- Menu driven data entries
- Intuitive user interface
- Database security
- Flexible report generation facilities
- Automated interface with the following networked systems:
- Bioassay data
- Spectroscopy data
- TLD or film processing data
- Electronic dosimeter readers
- PADS data
- Compliant with rigorous quality standard
OpenEMS and HIS-20 utilize Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) to organize their data. Powerful reporting, plotting, and retrieval functions are included for fast and efficient data access. Other benefits of CANBERRA's Records Management Products include data import functions for selected instruments, providing a reliable and efficient means of data entry. And, strict quality standards are used to ensure the highest levels of conformity, reducing the effort required by site personnel when placing a records management system into service.